I Gained Weight. Now What?

18:02:00

     Someone told me the other day that I have gotten a tad fat. Oh! Initially I thought, "It must be all the sodium from the food trip I had during the weekend." Another possible reason behind this must be my working out lesser than usual. Either way, I really could not care less.

     Gaining weight is a normal part of life and I know some women fuss about how heavy they are even though they are just a pound heavier than they were (what, yesterday?) I tell you, save yourself the fuss. I am not the kind of person who weighs herself every single day. I am way over that phase and the last time I stepped on a scale was more than a year ago.

     It's unfair to blame fat. I'd say there are many factors on why one gains weight. It could be stress, water weight, muscle growth and the like. Another point why I am not so conscious of this is because I am taking protein...and with protein comes more muscle...more muscle equals lesser to none, or sometimes only a little bit of weight loss (but more calorie and fat burn!). I don't want to explain the physiological function anymore. (It'd bore you!LOL)  Many people get so frustrated after exercising extra hard and not seeing the results they wished for. Either your diet's not right OR you are gaining muscle.

     Now I'm not an expert at this but if you know your body well enough, you would know what it feels like when it's at its best state because every person is different. From the physical to the core, up to your metabolism rate, we are all different. And so, comparison with others should be the last  thing on your list. Media often portrays the ideology of what healthy is. They often show that thin or skinny = healthy. Sorry to burst your bubble but I'd greatly object to that. I'm a size zero for US and people tell me I would look anorexic if I go there but skinny is in, right? Wrong. Remember, I'm Asian and this is the typical build for Asians, sometimes thinner. You see, it varies.

     Different body, different needs. If you think having a vegan diet suits you, go for it. If you feel you should take a break from working out, by all means, do so. Don't let social media mold your attitude towards your body. (-‿‿-)

     If you have body image issues, cultivate what's good in yourself and build confidence from within. Break the norms created by social media. Feel good, look good. (iringgg..Watsons ra ang peg! hahaha)

So this is fat, eh?


Be your best self and enjoy food!
Michelle





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box