Cagayan de Oro Weekend

21:52:00

     Whoa! Attalast!!! A breath of much needed fresh air to break the dreadful routine. This weekend was very much awaited as we planned to visit Cagayan de Oro not too long ago. Say, just three weeks earlier? lol This was my second time to visit but too bad I was just going to stay here for one day. Yes, ONE day. I had my return ticket and I so badly wanted to reschedule my flight for another week.  (sobs) Main agenda: Lawrence Niece's Christening.

There she is!:)

     After the 3:00 bell I immediately shut my PC down and rushed out so I could get home before 4:00. I fed my dogs, changed, packed and headed out to Robinsons mall hoping that there would be a shuttle to Robinsons Galleria. And there was indeed one...free of charge! So I hopped on and waited, the traffic was starting to become like a monsoon and I arrived just in the nick of time. Lawrence and I had coffee at Bo's while waiting then we rode a taxi going to Pier 3 (Cebu to CDO). The ship departed at around 8:00 pm. It was actually my first time to go on board a ship and it was more pleasant than expected. We paid about Php 900.00 for tourist class and slept on a bunk bed. It was clean and cozy! There was also a restaurant on deck, you can enjoy the view of the beautiful night sky while eating. You can also check out the blissful view of the warm sunrise if you wake up early.

    The ship docked at 6:00 am and the driver was waiting for us. He then dropped us to the Marco Hotel in Alwana Business Park. The place was lovely and homey. The architecture was quite unique and it reminded me so much of our house in San Carlos City. We had some really good breakfast, showered and went off to the Chapel where the Christening was held. Then we had lunch back at Marco Hotel. I've never eaten so much food! Our bellies were stuffed! And that's not the end of it, for dinner we went to Steve's. They are famous for their chicken barbecue and without a doubt, we were satisfied customers. Back to the hotel it was for us and we just hung out and snoozed. In the morning Lawrence and I went for a dip in the pool which was just across the room we stayed in. Why does time have to fly so fast? I was in the dumps realizing I had to leave way to soon. Nonetheless, CDO is just flight away. They dropped me off at lunch time. It was an hour-long ride to the airport. It was very short but wonderful stay. Until next time Cagayan de Oro!


<3

what a beaut!


hello!





All smiles here!

Around Alwana Business Park :)

Coffee at LKK!

Lucas and Sue Ann :)

Lawrence's Nephews at Steve's

the view from our room!

2nd OOTD ever!

Ready to swim! Chos!

Lawrence and I <3

morning faces while having coffee!

my view from the bus heading home


     Oh! Before I forget, it was my first time to commute going home. There's a bus from the airport to SM Cebu. You only need to pay P25.00 for the fare. From SM, I took a jeep going to Ayala, and Ayala to Ramos. I managed to go to church, too! Pretty good!


Break the ice, enjoy life!
Michelle


click here for more information about:
Marco Hotel (rooms, amenities, rates)
Trans Asia Shipping  (schedules)
Cagayan de Oro (things to do)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box