From A Coffee Drinker's Point of View: Kratos Coffee

20:10:00

     Coffee is an essential part of my daily life. In other words, I absolutely cannot do without coffee. We have all experienced days wherein even our coffee---needs coffee. Especially on Mondays when everything feels like a drag!

     Let's talk about instant coffee. Don't get me wrong...instant coffee is good when you need a temporary mood lifter. The problem here is that when your caffeine tolerance reaches a certain high, you simply cannot settle for less because, in my case, I have noticed that whenever I do, I get headaches, I get sluggish and it's like I have a huge boulder over my shoulders. To cut it short, I'm already dependent of coffee. On a scale of 1 -10, I'd probably say that I'm on an 8. I like my coffee black but I haven't reached the point wherein espressos and free flow coffee have become a thing.

     So during my lunch break last week, I stopped by Family Mart and saw Kratos. The cans somehow reminded me of Monster Energy Drink. It comes in four variants: Vanilla Latte (single shot espresso), Original Latte (double shot), Black (double shot) and Cafe Mocha (single shot) Kratos is the son of the titans Pallas and Styx and is merely the personification of strength and power. (shout out to Nicole!). I guess that explains the design and the whole idea of it. It's hard to find Original Latte and Vanilla Latte in Family Mart or 7-11 Branches but I was able to able to purchase them at Robinsons Supermarket at a cheaper price!
Family Mart: PhP 34.50
Robinsons: PhP 26.75
What a big difference. ╥﹏╥



Kratos Coffee


     Here's what their site says about their coffee:
   
 "Brewed for the urban warrior, Kratos Strong Coffee is a new ready-to-drink coffee product made from dark roasted coffee beans. Infused with single and double shot of espresso to give you that strong, refreshing taste, ready to enjoy anytime, anywhere – keeping you focused and always in the game, whether at work, surfing waves, or just out with your friends. This is Kratos Strong Coffee -- the way coffee should be."


     Yeah? How should coffee really be? Hmm... Let's see about that. I tried each on separate days so I wouldn't feel so higly caffeinated! 


The Verdict:


Cafe Mocha 7/5/16

Tuesday. I tried Cafe Mocha this morning at work. I felt like a zombie because of the drowsiness, which is good, because it allowed me to tell if it really does have that kick! Out of 10, I'd give this a mere 5 because it isn't that strong nor is it weak. If you like sweet coffee then you might find it..okay. The taste is similar to Nescafe's Cafe Mocha, too. Sweetness level is an 8. It's sweet. Too sweet that it already masks the bitter taste I prefer my coffee to have. 
Caffeine Kick: 5 / 10



Black Double Shot Espresso 7/6/15
Wednesday. I woke up being my usual groggy, bed head self and I remembered that I was going to have Black today so I was pretty psyched for it! After a few sips, the caffeine kicked in immediately and the grogginess totally went away just like that! Compared to the Mocha, it is strong enough to wake you up in a snap. The problem is, I thought it would taste bitter if it were simply black. You know what I mean? It tastes like it is loaded with sugar. Just think 5 teaspoons of Nescafe Instant Coffee+ 3 tsps of sugar and that's it. Not for me at all. If you prefer plain black, I wouldn't suggest going with this. The label was a bit misleading, sad to say.
Caffeine Kick: 7/10



Vanilla Latte 7/7/15
Thursday. After five times of hitting the snooze button, I finally managed to drag, DRAG myself out of bed. I always feel this way every dang time midweek comes. Wednesday and Thursday are my "make it or break it" days because these are when my energy level comes to a drop (even with  a sufficient amount of sleep). So today, Vanilla Latte was a savior even though the taste was just so-so. Nothing much to say about it. It didn't give me too much of a jolt of energy but I guess it'd have to do. Sweetness level is a 7 / 10. Boy does Kratos like sweet! Probably to cater to the huge population of Filipinos who have a sweet tooth? Maybe.
Caffeine Kick: 5/10


Original Latte 7/8/16
Friday. Thank God it's Friday! It's the last workday of the week and I was so looking forward to the Original Latte! I'm a big fan of Latte, to say the least. So, the double shot espresso did give me a smashing burst of energy for like, four or five hours similar to the black double shot.  However, with every high comes a low and my energy level crashed to rock bottom come afternoon. I died again. lol Sweetness level is a 5. Considering that this is a latte I feel that it's stronger than the black coffee. Among the others, this one has the highest sugar content.
Caffeine Kick: 8/10


     Whew! Coffee overload! And that's my say about Kratos coffee. I still would suggest you guys to try this. We do have different tastes when it comes to coffee. I can conclude that this coffee is just not for me mainly because of the sweetness. It was just too much to tolerate! If you are a fan of sweet coffee, this might just be for you. Thus, another coffee adventure comes to a close for me. Enjoy yours! Remember to drink coffee in moderation though! *grin*

'Til next time!
-Michelle

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Just getting started on Kratos myself. It's midterm exams and I'm pulling an all nighter. I had the original latte about 5 hours ago and it's starting to wear off so I was checking the caffeine content of the 4 different flavors to see which one would be safest to take next as I don't want to overdo it cos I have cardiac issues due to SLE. I think imma go with a single shot for now. Thanks for your review on all four of them. But do allow me to point out, Kratos is not the god of war. Ares is the god of war. I believe you had that notion due to the video game. Kratos is the son of the titans Pallas and Styx and is merely the personification of strength and power. He is also (perhaps something more familiar) the brother of Nike who was herself the goddess of victory, and yes, the inspiration behind the name of the sportswear brand. :) As apology for geeking out on you, I raise my vanilla latte to you and your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Nice of you to drop by my tiny space in the cyber world. Thank you for the clarification! :D Editing the post in a wee bit. How'd you like the coffee? It's too sweet to be called coffee. I'd rather have black because all the sugar isn't doing my throat any good. :(

      Delete
  2. i bought a kratos double shot at UNIMART GREENHILLS and their price is ranging from 16 to 17 pesos per can and its cheaper than the other groceries in the Metro, its so affordable compared to some Espresso that are of a higher price in the coffee shops which would result to a same effect.

    ReplyDelete

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box