Getting Started: Health and Fitness Goals

17:47:00

    Staying in shape has always been a huge part of my life. My earliest memory of working out was when I was in elementary. My mother, who was a flight attendant then, would bust a sweat to Jane Fonda's cardio and toning routine.

     In high school, I skipped the exercise and literally starved myself skinny. Sad to say but social media was one of the major reasons why I did that and it was just plain ridiculous. It made me look "nice" for a while (I thought) and my hair started falling off easily and I didn't have enough energy to study even and my grades went downhill. 

     Good thing I managed  to get back on my feet and made a complete diet overhaul. In the last year of college I was already doing weights. It gave me the lift I needed after a long stretch of unhealthy lifestyle. I continued to do the same thing for a year and eventually, like any routine, got bored with it.

     I got into running and yoga in 2011. I love the sense of freedom I get whenever I run. It's different from the other kinds of workouts I've tried. I practiced and taught yoga (not officially though) for two years but I didn't like being obligated to teach because some days, I felt like I was forcing myself to go to the studio even though I didn't want to. Absences then became constant and I just simply stopped. I went AWOL. There was no peace whatsoever in the savasana!( `ε´ )

happy yoga days! Back in 2013?

with friends :)

After doing total body workout with Ate Erwina (she's a yoga teacher, too)

     The solution to keep boredom from steeping in was to do various workouts. After our Thailand trip, I told myself to take the whole thing seriously and to not be afraid to try. We all have the impression that doing weights would make our bodies bulge up like that of a body builder's. WRONG. Lawrence taught me how to lift weights properly. Just enough to boost my metabolism and increase bone density. It actually works! So, my weekly workouts now consists of weight lifting, a lot of running and yoga. I'm thinking about doing boxing soon! 

     It's only the start of 2017, time to set goals (or more goals) and conquer! Don't stop, keep moving forward. It's okay to slow down, just DO.NOT.STOP. 

First Marathon ever. :)


Cheers to health!


Michelle 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box