Cebu Marathon 2017: Going Beyond Running

18:11:00

     

     Shoes, singlet, socks, race bib, cap ---- all not ready! Last Saturday, January 7, we slept at Lawrence's and I was really unprepared for the marathon. Mind you, I got sick days prior and ran a total of 11 kilometers the whole freaking week. I know I should have been tapering mileage but I got sick, like really sick, and it was so impossible to push myself into training again. So I left it all to prayer. Heehee 

     Assembly time was 3:00 a.m. and we had to rush home for me to prepare and wow, it was the second day of my period! Perfect timing, right?

But you know what Regina Brett says:


So, with my race bib attached and an extra tampon on hand, I simply ran.

Ready!


Sweatyyyy!
photo by: Lawrence Lim

The first 8 kilometers was easy as pie but when upon reaching the foot of the bridge, I could feel my gut churning already. Heading back, I thought, "what the hell did I get myself into?"

Feeling the Sinulog spirit!
photo by: Lawrence Lim

With loud cheers and the 60-40 rule in mind, I kept straight on. It wasn't really 60-40, it was more of 80-20...and I was on the verge of finishing what's left of my 20.

21 km route

    Actually, well as you know, the goal was to finish. It wasn't really for me, I aimed to finish because Lawrence "sponsored" this run. I wasn't supposed to join as I was scrimping at the time of registration (last October). And I did appreciate the support, not only in training but for my passion in running. 

    I crossed the finish line with a painful butt and back...not to mention, stress diarrhea afterwards. LOL Should I say hurray? I made it! The first thing I did was give the medal to the person who gave me the push and inspiration to finish it all. The excruciating pain, mentally and physically, is unforgettable but it makes the whole process worth remembering. Let's just say that it's the good kind of pain...the kind that makes you stronger.

Pit Senyor!
photo by: Lawrence Lim


Hello!

Mango <3


     Surviiiive! And it's only January...I've got the whole year ahead of me. It has come off to a good start. I hope yours was as good as mine!

photo by: Lawrence Lim



Cheers to more achievements!

Michelle



I beat my time last year...by a minute. LOL (I'll do better next year! I promise!)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box