Back On The Mat: Wednesday Yoga

14:50:00

     Running does make your muscles, especially those on the legs, tight. It's undeniable since you can definitely feel it...in all parts. The more I pushed myself to do better in running, the lesser my flexibility got. I don't know about you guys but I recall not being able to do a monkey split or plow just two months after training. Now it's been more than a year and I'm back to square one in my yoga practice.

     There is this annoying back pain I've been telling you about, right? It got worse from all the sitting I've been doing at work. Hello flat  butt! What better way to relieve that than by doing yoga. It never fails. Without hesitation, I grabbed my beloved mat and headed to YogaHub in Raintree Mall.

Namastayyyy chill!
(c) Yoga Hub


     Who doesn't love discounts?

lucky me!
(c) Yoga Hub

     What perfect time it was because they had a 50% discount on all walk in students. Yay! And the best part? I was going to attend a Vinyasa class. It's a personal favorite! I love how smooth sailing the flow is and how there's a lot of variation you can do. Plus, you don't have to force yourself in doing the poses. You know what they often remind you in class, respect what your body can do. :) 

     An hour of stretching and core work proves to be effective in mitigating muscle pain. Well, in my case, shoulder and back pain! It is like giving your body a mini massage with the benefits of detoxing  and relaxation since you are going to sweat the stress and junk off. The teacher was also very nice and lively! Pretty good!

Vinyasa @ Yoga Hub Raintree 
Grabbed from  Teacher Ch1mene's IG


(c) Run Creek Runner


     Yes, you love the endorphin release and thrill when you run. However, give yoga a chance. If you're aiming for weight loss, this'll give your body a surprise. Not only yoga but there are gazillions of workouts you can do. Our body adapts quickly to anything, I'm used to working my legs...but I haven't done enough core work. Yes, variation is the key to preventing boredom. Who says working out has to be routinary and dull? Maybe you just gotta' try new stuff out!


Michelle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box