Mother Earth: The Downfall

16:36:00

     
image courtesy of Inhabitat.com

I hope that image got your attention. 
Allow me to openly express my honest feelings and opinions and I leave it to you if you want to finish reading this post.

~

     The number of creatures living in the brink of extinction has led me to realize that sometimes, other people are too selfish not to think of others' crucial situation. I am honestly ashamed of the human race. 

     I have always had this deep sense of caring for the Earth since I was a child. I recall picking up an injured bird and taking care of it until it was ready to fly, I happily planted seedlings in our lot and witnessed it grow to my heart's content. It is and never was like me to throw trash in any place and yes, I am never guilty of dumping garbage anywhere. The cartoons that I have watched were The Wild Thornberry's and Captain Planet. I have brought this love until the present time. I am updated with the latest issues regarding the environment and I signed up for Greenpeace years ago. I try to produce less trash as much as possible and even my used coffee grinds have found a place in my teeny garden.

      But that's only me.

     What about the millions of other people that coexist with nature. It sounds a tad cliche because we often hear people ranting about how others are ruining the environment. But are they really doing something about it? I personally think that if you want to make a change, you have to start with in yourself and at home. This is not a one-man army because it's a sad fact that you need a nation to make a big change. You can't sit behind the screen of your PC or Mobile posting stuff and still do the same things others are doing. It all comes down to your habits, your discipline and how seriously you are taking the situation. People often have this no care attitude thinking that this planet's issues are going to end in hay wire anyway. Ignorance is definitely not bliss. I wouldn't have posted this if it had not been for the image of the frail polar bear...caused by the melting of the arctic ice. It was just too heartbreaking. Moreover, it is seen that by 2020, two thirds of animals are going to be extinct. You enjoy watching elephants and tigers, but by that time you'd be looking at statues than the real thing if you don't make a move. Oil spills, smogs are constantly occurring  being health risks among the many. A type of bee is even placed in the endangered species list (do you want to say goodbye to coffee?) Same goes with the Western Black Rhino, which was declared extinct in 2011 (if I am not mistaken, but this was caused by poaching.) Still, this poses a major imbalance in the ecosystem. One can't only benefit all the time, you have got to give back what is due. Is that really not enough to give people a wake up call?

www.globalresearch.ca

www.aljazeera.com

     So before you complain about how hot, dry and dirty is now, before ranting about how limited resources are, ask yourself. Have you done your part?

     I am not an environmental expert but I have seen enough to tell you that things are spiraling down...and it will come back to the ones who have caused it.


Michelle



for more reads, visit:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box