Coffee Chronicles: Flores Bajawa (by Anomali Coffee)

18:16:00

     Flores is a part of Eastern Indonesia and one of the areas in Flores which is famous for producing a distinct kind of coffee is Bajawa. Have you ever wondered what Bajawa means? This word is actually derived from two different words. Bha for plate and Java which means peace.

     The coffee plantations in Bajawa are situated 1300 meters above sea level and the coffee here is grown organically. That probably is the reason behind the fragrant aroma and the extra kick it gives! Generally speaking though, the higher the coffee plantation, the better.

     And so, months ago Lawrence went to Indonesia and got me bags and bags of coffee that made me tear up with incomprehensible joy! Like you, I'm also a coffee addict. I can't say lover because it's more of an addiction! One of the many was this, Flores Bajawa and I only found the strength to rip the package open because it pains me to do so. The packaging is just too pretty!



     The first thing that caught my senses was the citrus hit the second I drank it. There were some chocolaty notes with the classic flavor it gave. It has more of a medium body and I sense hues of nuttiness but the slight acidity does give it that extra oomph.

How was your experience with this coffee?


xx,
Michelle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box