Locksperiment: Etude House Bubble Hair Color in Dark Brown BR05

03:44:00

     Hey everyone! Happy new year once again! Now as all of you know, I've set some new goals this year for myself and one of the many on my list is to *ta da da da!* take care of my skin and hair  more since... I'm not getting any younger. ಥ_ಥ

     Last year, I only stuck with my usual 5-minute regimen (for 15 years!) of applying toner to my face (and neck) and then topping off with a moisturizer before getting some snooze. And that's that! This year though, I'm  going to take it up a notch. My manita surprised me with an iWhite peel off face mask during our 2015 kris kringle and I only got to use it last week! That's when all this skin care and hair care madness started. Enough about that... I'll tell you all about my skin care adventures in my future posts. (>y<)

     It's 2016! To kick start this exciting January, I've decided to change my hair color. It's been ages since I did and it's about time that I do. It looks so dull. Not to mention, it makes me look gorsss. I have fine, medium-length, black hair. Yesterday I went to Etude House in Ayala and bought their Bubble Hair Color in Dark Brown for PhP 428.00. My skin is a bit sensitive that's why I'm extra careful when choosing hair dyes and other products. I had my hair done by a professional years ago but after a while my hair got limp and frizzy. I've read about a ton of reviews before finally deciding to purchase this product. I'm not going to give you a thorough product feedback like all the others. Rather, I'm simply sharing with you my locksperiment!

     So here's my bubble hair experience. See the comparison photos, too! I applied this on my rebonded (but not color-treated) hair. A day before, I also did a VCO -virgin coconut oil- treatment and I'm planning to do another round this week. I washed my hair but skipped the hair tonic and Argan oil to make sure the substance sticks well to my strands.

     The box came with a bunch of stuff just similar to other DIY hair coloring shampoo kits: a pair of gloves, a pump bottle with oxidizing liquid, a treatment pack, plastic cape. It also has a small pamphlet with instructions that I, honestly, couldn't make anything out of, there were illustrations but they didn't help at all! Best you watch videos on Youtube first. The box has how to's written in English, though. Still, for a first time user like me, I got pretty nervous I might screw up! (☼Д☼)

Here's how my hair looked like prior to using it (VCO-treated, air dried)
char char lang!


     Once you mix the color solution to the liquid in the pump bottle, don't shake it! It's going to produce bubbles....and you wouldn't want that. Just slowly tilt the bottle upside down for about seven times. I started putting some on my roots going down to the ends of my hair until all of the strands were covered. The texture was all bubbly-creamy like and was easy to apply. Now it's time to wait and see...U。・.・。U

     BUT BUT BUT! At first, it looked like the foam settled well on my hair then minutes after I noticed drips on the floor while I was walking around! (I find it hard to stay put. hihi ( ・×・)) What I did was put a shower cap on and went on again with what I was doing. My boyfriend paid me a visit and I wasn't able to keep track of time which resulted in me having the color stay in for way too long. About one and a half hours. ●.◉ It didn't sting nor itch that's why I managed to have it there that long. It did make my hair stiff as a broom. chakaness!

     I didn't use a shampoo when I rinsed the product off like what the directions stated. I simply used the treatment that came with the box and boy did it make my hair smell so salon-fresh-good! Don't skip the treatment, your newly colored locks need it! :) 

New hair for the new year!
In broad daylight!

As you can see, it looks natural!

Sorry for looking so stressed , I just got off work here.:(  No edits done here. (▼▼)

So far, I can say that Etude Bubble Hair color suits me well. Next time I already know how to do this thing. I just don't like the fact that they have limited shades. I was hoping to go for an ash brown color. Maybe after two months I'm going to try a different product. This is utterly addictive, I have to say! I feel that 2016 is going to be a much more colorful year for me! (゚o゚)




Toodles!
Michelle

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box