Top 5 Reasons to Start Running

16:33:00

     Let's face it. Running has become a fad these days with people raging the streets at dawn, training on the track in afternoons, and of course who can forget posting photos on social media about the awesome post-run feeling they have (I so can relate)... and the list just goes on. But why run? Even as an amateur runner, people have asked me what is it about running that I love. Trust me, it's not only for what we call "body goals."

     I've listed down my top 5 reasons for running...and I hope this convinces you to get those kicks on and be up for the challenge as well!


1. It's Cheap. Yep. THAT IS--- If you're just starting to run, you don't need all those fancy shmancy gear. Just buy a good pair of shoes and you're good to go. I slowly upgraded by buying a belt bag to put my phones in and recently, I have just bought a bluetooth headset. I'm saving for a new pair of compression leggings but what my boyfriend give me still does the job! Again, a good pair of shoes is a must. I purchased my shoes in 2013 and only after 600 kms did it start to wear down. I got Nike Free 4.0 and back then it cost about PhP 4,800+.00. Not so bad considering it's now 2016 and I'm always beating the hell out of it. :)

note: It's cheap...until "you've seen the receipts of the running shoes and race bibs." LOL



2. Run Anytime, Anywhere. Unlike other workouts that require you to hit the gym, running doesn't. I run after work. I go to the track or just outside my workplace. Sometimes I go uphill from my house. The point is, you can do this at any time you wish. You can run anywhere you want to. Moreso, you don't need any equipment for it! Some people have a preference for running on treadmills. Knowing myself though, I hate being stuck in one place for a long time.



3. Goal Digger. Once you get so into it, you set goals. More goals than you did when you first began running. After attaining one, you would want to reach another. It's actually good because you build confidence and trust in yourself. It's not a race between you and others, it's actually a competition between you and yourself. To give myself an extra push and more motivation, I join marathons every few months. I began with an easy 5k and now 21k's. Remember to go easy on yourself. There is no pressure.



4. Run Happy. I feel so happy whenever I hit the track. I build mileage and whenever I reach my daily goal, I go home with a content heart. However, it's not all the time we can hit that mark. No fret for we're only human. Maybe today you can't but tomorrow you would always strive harder, right?



5. Lifestyle Shift. You can't give your best if you aren't even in the best condition. With this comes a change in diet. To lessen the sluggishness and bloat, I TRY to have a healthy meal as much as I can. Of course, I have cheat days to reward myself! My usual diet comprises of whole grains, fruits, veggies and lean meat (I like chicken and fish best). I have light snacks in between also. Not only diet, I also do yoga once a week and weight training on other days. Yoga helps relieve my annoying back pain and strengthens the core. Weights helps improve my posture and assists in burning more calories at rest. On Sundays I chill and eat whatever I want, without the guilt. That being said, I have noticed a big difference in my health. My palpitations have subsided and I feel like I'm at the healthiest point in my life!







I found a huge passion for running and I have no plans of stopping!
Go on and give it a try. You will discover sooo much more about yourself.

Run your own race.

Cheers to health and happiness!
xx Michelle xx





Credits to Google for these photos. Except for the Bitstrip (that's me. hihihi)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box