Truly Filipino: Barako Haus

18:40:00


Hello folks!

Long time no...write. Heehee!

When you juggle so may things it's hard to let your imagination tick.

Now let's all get back to the main point of this super late post.
I'm just going to make this short and quick!

Barako Haus.

Location: Maria Cristina Ext.. , Cebu City
Open from 7:00 a.m - 12:00 mn
Wi-Fi: available
Landmark: Beside Baseline Residences and next to a salon
near Sacred Heart School- Hijas de Jesus

I had been eyeing this cafe countless times. Everytime I passed by (it's just a five minute walk from my place), it always aroused my caffeine curiosity.


One fine Sunday, after attending mass, we decided to try their coffee out.

They serve hot and cold coffee blends, Frapepino (their version of Frappuccino), and Filipino delicacies.

In a typical cafe, you normally see cakes and pastries, you won't get that here. 

Instead, they have puto, biko, cassava and torta to tickle your taste buds!

This cafe is all out Filipino style.
The concept is really all about Philippine heritage.
With the mostly wooden interiors and paintings of local artists put up on the walls, this is guaranteed bring you closer to your Filipino roots.

You have the option to choose from three different kinds of locally-sourced beans:
1. Arabica (like the usual ; light flavored coffee)
2. Maharlika
3. Sibet (Civet) - what they're known for

I really wanted to try the Civet Coffee but since we were and still are scrimping for our upcoming trip, we just tried the Arabica Beans.

Light. Rich aroma. It doesn't give you that overall kick but what's good is that it doesn't have that acidic aftertaste. :)

And did I mention that they give you refills for the americano? ;)

If it doesn't wake you up in the first cup then it probably will on your second serving.

On my next visit, I will surely give their Civet blend a try. I must!:)

Here are some snapshots I took of this place:




The menu :)



One of the paintings :)



mocha :)



Mocha and Americano ;)


Have you tried their coffee out?
Tell me what you think!


Ciao!

Michelle


My mala - drama na picture. (cringe! hahaha!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ask Me Anything!

Name

Email *

Message *

Let's Connect!

You may reach me at:
mitsuemartin@gmail.com

Follow me on:

Facebook

Instagram:
@mitsuemartin


Search Box